Friday, June 20, 2008

I want to be the one to walk in the sun......

Yesterday after I posted the Pat Benatar song, I couldn't get 80's music out of my head. Something about the music from that time in my life, you can't help but grove. It didn't matter if the artist was black or white. Shit, half the time we didn't even know what the singer looked like until we used our allowance to buy the album or we happen to catch the video on Video Hot Traxx or MTV (remember, when they actually played music videos on the Music Television Channel??? hahahahahah). Yes, everything about the 80's was fucked up (Hello Reaganomics, "ketchup is a vegetable", just say no a la Nancy Reagan and shoulder pads - need I say more??? oh wait I can't forget crack, I did grow up in Harlem...hahahahaha), but the music was good. So in keeping with the theme of my singleness and honoring the 80's baby in me, here's my Fun Friday Blast from the Past. Go 'head...dance in your seat if you want to. I won't laugh at you. hahahahahaha (that was me laughing with you, not at you. hahahahahahahaaa)



Okay, I have to confess. I thought Cyndi Lauper was THEEEE cooolest chick. I played that record until it was scratched. I used to dance around my house with my neon green leggings and my mid calf length ballet tu-tu to try to emulate her look. Thank goodness my mother wasn't camera happy during that stage in my life. hahahahaha

Oh and that line "when the working day is done/oh girls they want to have fun"? I thought she said "oh what in the world have theyyyy done?/oh girls they want to have fun"....I could butcher a song back in the day...hahahahahahahaa

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!

1 comment:

rashad said...

I think Janet Jackson used this same video set for "When I Think Of You"