Thursday, June 12, 2008

Back away from the Kool Aid....

I just found out that another one of my best friends is pregnant. One is due this summer and now this one is due probably late 08 - early 09. Out of the Fantastic Four (what I like to call us...hahahaha), I am the only one with no children. From the outside looking in, most would probably think that I am bothered by this. But from the inside looking out, this just delays me having to give birth. None of us ever want to steal thunder from the other. Its an unspoken rule we have. We never compete against each other. We never try to outshine the others. We all shine in our own way. So in true friendship, I will allow D. and Zilla to have their moments of mommyhood without me intruding. LOL

Seriously, I am happy for both of them. Two more babies to spoil and give back to their parents. Two more cuties to buy books for and read to them (Confession: I love reading to children. character voices and all...hahahahaha). Two more kids to share embarrassing back in the day mommy stories with. One more baby shower to plan. Shit. This shower business is a racket but more on that after Zilla's shower. I suspect she's increased her readership of this blog to find out details about her own baby shower. Nosey ass. I see you, Zilla.

While mommyhood seems to be on my mind lately (only because of the shower and the impending birth of my niece), I can't help but wonder if and when I'll be ready for "the final frontier". But no worries, I'm not drinking the water or the Kool Aid from either of them. This seems to be contagious.

5 comments:

rashad said...

If you come up pregnant in the next few weeks, you'll have this entry to thank

Anonymous said...

You're ready you just don't know it yet. Here's to more baby shower planning. Shoo, when I am ready to have kids you are going to plan my shower since you will be so skilled at event planning! Tell your girls I said thanks. :)

Janelle said...

I'm going to need both of you to stop making plans with my uterus! hahahahahaha

Papier Girl said...

You're right...do it when you're ready...which will probaby be never, but, ahhh well. I'm in the midst of the what seems to be Birthing 101, b/c EVERYONE around me is preggers.

Janelle said...

I'd never say never Chubbs, BUT definitely not in the next few weeks as Rashad has suggested! LOL