Monday, January 19, 2009

New chapter.....

Right now at this moment, I'm sitting in bed. In my jammies and spectacles. Watching Sex and the City. And typing this blog on my brand new HP laptop. Yes family friends stalkers and stans, I, your favorite Resident Butterfly is now the proud owner of a beautiful 17 inch screen, HP Pavillion Entertainment PC (well that's what the little inscription says in the right hand corner).

Since I couldn't get out of this all consuming big city of mine, I decided to do just go ahead and buy my ever elusive missing link between Carrie and I - my laptop. And true to the love of all things beautiful, my new baby is bronze. All over. Except the mouse pad area. That's a mirror. You mean I can type to heart's content and then check my makeup without missing a keystroke??? Sweeeeeeet.

I've had ideas just pouring into the forefront of my brain ever since I got over my sticker shock, and actually committed to opening the box (Sidebar: does anyone else feel sick to their stomach when they buy a big ticket item??? like "holy crap I just spent $XXXX. I could solve world hunger/pay my mortgage/pay a hitman to rid the world of stalkers/take an extensive vacation" and a hundred other options to spend your money?? please don't tell me I'm the only one). It's as if someone turned flicked the on switch and my fingers can't keep up. What's most on my mind lately??? What else? Relaysheeships. Blame it on the Sex and the City marathon on my TV. Blame it on all the images of the Obamas ingrained in my brain all weekend. Blame on the alcohol (this new song on Jamie Foxx's Cd is becoming my fav of the moment. And if I'm not mistaken it was written by a fellow Hamptonian. I bet our Home by the Sea provided some inspiration for it. hahahahahahaha).

I know any talk about my feelings on relaysheeships or my dating activity (or inactivity) has been missing lately from my blog. Just like the sticker shock that took hold of me earlier, I'm kinda afraid to open that box at the moment. I have no explanation why, it's just the way I feel at the moment. But maybe my new toy will open the vault on those emotions.

3 comments:

rashad said...

Congrats on the new laptop..I expect new and improved blogs entires

Organized Noise said...

Congrats on the new laptop. That's one of the big ticket items I plan on buying this year.

Miss. Lady said...

Congrats on the new laptop. Isn'tit great? I understand the sticker shock, I just spent over a grand for new tires... I am still looking at the invoice hoping the numbers will start to look different the longer I stare at them.