Thursday, November 22, 2007

OK my plan to find a Holiday Husband didn't work out. Mainly because I put forth absolutely no effort to find one this past weekend. Thanks to Hustle. But that's another blog for another day. So here I am, at my grandmother's house, stuffed worse than the half devoured turkey on the table. And yes, my family lived up to my every expectation. Career, relationship, children, were all on my menu right beside the turkey and the sweet potatoes. Four hours and 37 minutes of intermittent interrogation. All I could do was roll my eyes, answer, and then eventually retreat to my grandmothers computer room with the worst headache. I've had this headache since I left the house this morning. I know they are worried about me but damn, can I just be? Just be to figure me out. What is soo wrong with that??? There are many things I'm thankful for on this day of thanks and turkey, but most importantly I'm thankful for this time in my life. A time when I have the opportunity to question everything. A time when I decided the status quo won't cut it in my life anymore. The time to figure out exactly what it is I want out of life. Many would kill for the opportunity but instead they remain trapped, caged in by what others say is right for their lives. I am preparing myself for the best life for me and I could care less what my family or anyone else has to say.

Next year, I'm beginning my Holiday Hubby search in July. I'll avoid the headache and just eat leftovers.

1 comment:

rashad said...

it is in a family's job description to attempt to get under your skin. as long as you know what the hell you're doing, just try your best to ignore them