Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Quiet Dawn

Yesterday was my birthday. I wrote a blog, all introspective and reflective but didn't hit publish. Can't really say why. I wanted to commemorate the day and explore this whole "dawning of a new day" thing but at the end, I didn't want to explore it publicly, I guess. Overall, the day was quiet. The bouquets of flowers were(are) beautiful. The birthday wishes on Facebook and Crackspace were heartfelt. The plethora of text messages and phone calls from midnight until 11:59 were so much appreciated. The shoes I purchased are seriously to die for. HOTTTTT


But for some reason, something was missing. I can't put my finger on it. I don't know. Even sitting here, writing this, I thought whatever "it" was would come to me since that's usually how this works. But not so much today. Today that "it" remains illusive. And maybe that's the point. Like maybe I'm not supposed to figure it out just yet. Maybe I'm supposed to just be aware that the lesson is coming soon. I know this is so not like me. And I kinda sorta apologize. Birthday posts should be celebratory. Maybe I'm not in too much of a celebratory mood because the actual celebrations have yet to begin. The begin tonight (a date) and continue through next week. While I can't outline all the events just yet, I can tell you that I will be wearing these for at least one birthday event:





One of my birthday presents to myself, courtesy of Stuart Weitzman. Told you they were HOTTTTT! lol

5 comments:

Organized Noise said...

Maybe that's it. Maybe you are at the point where you might be ready to settle down and felt it yesterday because nobody special was there to share it with you. Either that, or you were upset because you didn't get any. ;-)

rashad said...

I agree with the above commenter...

Jazzbrew said...

Not sure about all that stuff but one thing is for sure... those are some hot shoes. LOL. Add them to that leg posted in your profile pic and I would not be able to take it.

I have always considered March people exceptional and you add more data to support the argument. Happy belated birthday Lovely.

Papier Girl said...

happy belated birthday. Those shoes are too. die. for.

£ said...

Those shoes have just rocked my world. They are gorgeous and i LOVE the color. Should you ever grow tired of them holla @ me!