Monday, July 30, 2007

First off I would like to apologize to anyone who reads my blog. I've gotten the calls, emails, texts, and/or IMs inquiring about when the hell I am going to post again. I have been extremely busy lately. No my lack of blogging is not due to any emotional turmoil. I am past all that foolishness (still on the fence with the whole love thing but that's another topic for another day). There have been sooooo many things I want to blog about but to write it the way I want to would require an extra 2 hours added on to the day. Besides work and trying to keep up with my social life, writing this book has become my priority. This book is my baby (my unnamed baby but that's besides the point. LOL). I wake up in the middle of the night and jot stuff down, sometimes falling asleep with my glasses on (nothing new) and pen in hand (and yes I have woken up in the morning with ink all over my face. Must be trying to write in my sleep. LOL). I change the crap that I write as soon as it gets a little funky in the story. I now carry ginormous handbags just so I can carry my notebook with me where ever I go, in case inspiration hits. I feed my notebook several times a day with words, sentences, conversations, paragraphs, and chapters, just so it will have a balanced diet. I fret over its future constantly. Is this any good? Will anyone besides my friends read it? Can I really be an author? Will it become an Oprah's Book of the Month?? (hey, a girl can dream, right??? LOL) I want only the best for my baby and when I'm ready, I want the world to see how beautiful I see it to be. And now matter how many other books I may write after this, this one will always be my baby, the one I learn from and the one I cherish.

So please forgive me if my blogs become more sporadic than they are now. It's not that I don't love this blog. I really do. I still have so much more I want to say here. But I'm a mommy now and I have a baby to tend to.

1 comment:

rashad said...

Stop fronting..your prolific dating schedule is the only reason why the blogs come so infrequently..don't lie to your reader(s) like that son..hahaha